What is The Sun Will Rise?
The Sun Will Rise is a completely free Final Fantasy-style JRPG about depression that was made with three goals in mind:
1) Create Awareness - We hope to create awareness not just that depression exists, but provide a better understanding of the nature of depression, its warning signs, and some of the causes behind it.
2) Foster Empathy - We hope to create an experience that gives the average person a brief glimpse into the life of someone with depression purely through a combination of gameplay and story.
3) Provide Resources - Finally, we want to provide resources and pass along advice from professional psychiatrists so that if you, or anyone you know is suffering from depression, you know how to get help.
We are working with mental health professionals every step of the way to help accomplish these goals and to make sure that we are providing an accurate representation of depression and the challenges it brings.
Why did you make this game?
As a team, we have watched depression tear down the lives of our loved ones too many times. We have seen and experienced the disconnect it creates between those affected and the people that care about them, but don't know how to help. In our own small way, we wanted to create something that may help bridge that gap.
Why is this game free?
We wanted to get the game into as many hands as possible. If this game makes a positive impact in just one life, then all the work we put into it has been worth it.
Who are you?
We are THESE people!
Where can I get the game?
If you don't want to go through Steam, you can download the game directly here: Download Page
How can I support this project?
You can help us out by spreading the word about the game to anyone you can!
If you would like to make a donation, there are many organizations that can put that money to better use. Here are some of our favorites in no particular order:
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- To Write Love On Her Arms
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
And if you're in Northern Colorado, we love: